Friday, May 4, 2012

Changes in Attitude...


I haven’t moved, so couldn’t use “Changes in Latitude,” but I am changing an attitude I never thought I would!  I’ve steadfastly resisted publishing any patterns, preferring instead to challenge knitters to make their own variations.  After all, knitting is hardly difficult, and variations are myriad!  But many, many requests by fellow knitters have modified my notion a bit – some knitters just need a starting point for those modifications, and others simply prefer to follow someone else’s lead.  Nothing wrong with either of those, and it’s all good, after all.  So…

The cabled cardigan I made a couple of months back has been test knitted and is now available as a pattern.  To get a copy, you’ll need to talk to Sandy and Robin at Clinch River Yarn Company.  The link will take you to the shop’s main page; phone and email information are on the site.  Pattern cost is approximately $6.00 US plus sales tax.

A second project from my Ravelry page, the Vine Lace Summer Sweater, is available directly from me.  This is the same top as the Summer Waves Linen Top, except for the lace pattern.  I’ll have it ready before the weekend is out.  To substitute the lace patterns, you’ll just find a feather and fan pattern in your stitch dictionary and start knitting!

There’s more fun ahead for the spinners in the group, too!  I have a beautiful local fleece in hand and we’re going to be doing a two- or three-part session on how to take a raw fleece to yarn later this month, over the weekend of May 17.  Call Clinch River Yarn Company for details and to sign up.  This one is going to be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment